Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and many people begin to keep a Thankful Journal. I read Facebook posts and see many of our folks have posted daily things that they are thankful for. I am so thankful for my family, church, and friends.
I love what James 1:17 states, “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the Word of Truth that we might be a kind of first- fruits of all He created.”
Prepare your heart and your attitude for the beauty of thanksgiving. Remember…all that you are and all that you have, is made possible through your Father in Heaven who loves to share His gifts with His children.
• Take time to thank Him properly for His good gifts
• Count your blessings and name them
Prepare your heart and attitude by remembering His light is there to guide you in all circumstances. The apostle Paul teaches us to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
• Take time to thank Him for His guidance and sustaining love this year
• Thank Him for what lies ahead of you as you have learned from the road you have already traveled
• Thank Him for his unchanging nature and reality of His presence in your life daily
Finally, as we prepare our hearts and attitude, remember that you were created through the Word of His Truth, and that you are the first-fruits of all He created. In the Old Testament, the idea of the first-fruits belonged to God. So, as you interact with others during this crazy time of year, don’t forget that you belong to Him. The first-fruits were to be the best the Israelites had to offer to God.
• Don’t forget that you belong to God
• Represent Him in a way that others will see you as a thankful person